Below shows the Oriental rug cleaning process:
- In preparation for cleaning a colour test may be required on different parts of the rug because some dyes may run during cleaning. If there is the slightest chance (2%) I would contact you so that you can decide what to do.
- Test for removal of specific stains such as red wine.
- Often rugs have damaged sides or edges as these are the first to go over time. These would be secured before cleaning to prevent further unravelling.
- Remove dust using a mechanical beater.
- When applicable apply with a pre-clean stain remover or a deodorize treatment
- Using an environmentally friendly cleaning solution wash by full immersion so that the pile, foundation and the fringe are all cleaned.
- Thoroughly rinse with clean water.
- Remove excess water using a water extraction process.
- Let the piece dry in the drying room.
- Brush the piece, removing any pile fibres.
For standard quick turnaround cleaning payment is due on completion. Sometimes for larger jobs payment is required in installments.